Avant Placement™ is an initial measurement of real-world language ability in Reading, Writing and Speaking. Used to inform appropriate placement for students in middle school, high school and college, Avant Placement can be completed quickly and is web-based for anytime, anywhere accessibility.
- Engages students with everyday situations in which skills are likely to be used.
- Measures proficiency in Arabic, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish.*
- Is externally scored, with Writing and Speaking scored by certified raters.
- Scores are reported for groups and individuals and are available within 3-5 business days. Educators have access to students' Writing and Speaking samples.
- Reports are exportable to Excel for flexible analysis.
*French, German, Japanese and Spanish also have a Contextualized Grammar component, and Arabic is available for Writing and Speaking.